- Friends & Interests
- Going Green
A career position where my Leadership, Software Development and Electronics Engineering skills will provide value.
I have structured and worked with some of the best performing teams over the years. By rolling out the right methodologies and processes, the teams are able to thrive and deliver value to the stakeholders because of clear expectations and repeat-ability. Methodologies used include: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile/Scrum, and Project Management Life-cycles.
I am comfortable working closely with various levels of management, stakeholders, customers and technical teams to determine what is required, provide value and deliver on our commitments.
- I have successfully managed teams and projects in the application development and electronic engineering areas. I am very detail oriented and thrive on keeping my projects on-track and under budget.
- Led the roll out Agile Methodologies starting with Scrum at the team level. This improved product quality and increased our software delivery productivity by 16% thus, providing a $532,480/year Return on Investment (ROI).
- Worked with the leadership team to roll out (SAFe) at the organization level so that we could become more deliberate in our project prioritization and decision making process. By adopting this methodology, we have streamlined our planning and are able to stay focused on providing the most value to our stakeholders. Streamlining deployments using this process has saved $446,000/year.
- Reduced day-to-day involvement in production issues by 211% by implementing development quality processes and pushing permanent solutions to production to alleviate reoccurring issues. This saved $77,000/year in operating costs.
- Helped retain a $5M/year account by managing and on-time delivery of 98.2% of the development projects, thus meeting our Service Level Agreement (SLA).
My project management, software development and research and development experience has allowed me to hone the following skills:
- Leadership – Proven leader of teams consisting of up to 18 direct reporting members.
- Communication – Effectively communicate with management, stakeholders, customers, production, and cross-functional delivery teams to successfully deliver on our commitments.
- Management – Effective manager of personnel, hardware, and time.
- Execution – On-time delivery of projects while maintaining high quality standards.
- International – Comfortable working with teams at various locations both on and offshore.
02/2012 – Present Twinspires.com, a churchill downs company, Lexington, KY: Senior Scrum Master / Senior Project Manager
- Coach teams in their transition from Waterfall to Agile methodologies to speed up time to market of new product features and functionality.
- Manage and assist teams in delivering on commitments to our stakeholders.
- Organize and chair three day quarterly release planning event. During this event, upper management, stakeholders and delivery teams gather together to determine what value will be delivered to our customers over next quarter. Upon conclusion, everyone in attendance has a clear understanding of what our priorities are and what will be delivered by the end of the quarter.
02/2005 – 02/2012 ACS, A Xerox Company, Lexington, KY: Division Software Manager / Information Technology Organization
- Managed projects and coordinated with customers, business owners, production, and development teams both domestic and abroad to take projects successfully from concept to completion in a timely manner.
- Developed reporting system to easily generate various reports from multiple unrelated systems in order to track overall project health so that we could course correct quickly in order to deliver projects on-time.
- Rolled out the “Software Development Life Cycle” to four divisions in order to improve software quality and repeat-ability.
- Assembled project plans, test specifications, implementation plans, Gantt charts, and other documentation to keep project progress in check.
03/2001 – 02/2005 Sargent & Greenleaf, Inc., Nicholasville, KY: Design Engineer / Product Development (ISO 9002 Certified Company)
- Project Management for Domestic and International New Product Development. Assembled technical project specifications, goals, timelines, and milestones to ensure that software and hardware met the requirements set by management, UL, VdS and other standards.
- Developed software applications for Windows and Linux platforms to interface with electronic hardware for data analysis, real time data acquisition and processing.
- Established test-ability and accuracy standards for product test fixtures and software.
- Designed electronic circuits for use in variety of applications.
11/1996 ITT Technical Institute, Knoxville, TN: Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology.
08/1995 ITT Technical Institute, Knoxville, TN: Associate of Applied Science Degree in Electronics Engineering Technology.